Compensation: $21.00 – $23.00 per hr. DOE
Location: YWCA Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA 95112
Join a passionate, dynamic team dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. For over 100 years, YWCA Silicon Valley has provided programs and services that form a critical continuum of response, healing, and prevention. To encourage survivor self-determination, services are delivered through a strengths-based, non-judgmental and trauma-informed lens that aligns with our mission. Be a key part of shaping this future as our new Housing Specialist!
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Housing & Development, the Housing Specialist assists people who are survivors of violence and homelessness to obtain stable permanent housing. This position requires strong communication and relationship building skills with both clients and landlords.
- Responsible for building a network of landlords/property managers through promotion of the YWCA’s housing programs
- Assess housing barriers of individuals and families experiencing homelessness to determine housing and service needs
- Responsible for housing search and viewing of housing units, landlord/property manager recruitment, housing inspections, lease signings and move-in operations
- Responsible for accurate data collection
- Must be detail oriented and organized
The Housing Specialist is a member of a high performing team and supports all activities related to the coordination of permanent housing stability and operations. To encourage survivor self-determination, services are delivered through a strengths-based, non-judgmental and trauma-informed lens. The Housing Specialist conveys empathy, respect and compassion to survivors when delivering services. The Housing Specialist must deliver client advocacy when negotiation with landlords/property managers within the community-based, scattered-site permanent housing units throughout Santa Clara County.
- Candidates should have Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience in the housing industry
- Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years working in social services or as a realtor, property manager or housing specialist
- Candidate should have strong knowledge of the Santa Clara County housing market and geography
- Excellent formal and informal written communication skills
- Candidates must be competent in using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and have experience in confidential data management and record keeping
- Bilingual, bi-cultural and bi-literate skills are preferred but not required
Required: Cleared background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, valid California driver’s license, 4 -years driving experience, reliable transportation and auto insurance. Must have completed or be willing to complete 65hr-trained California State Sexual Assault Counselor certifications. (Training will be provided).
TO APPLY: Submit Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com with “Housing Specialist” in subject line. First deadline for submission of resumes: October 30, 2020.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the YWCA. We may be unable to respond to every individual submission due to a high volume of applicants. Please do not telephone.