Part-Time, 20 hours Exempt
Salary Range: DOE
Location: YWCA Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA 95112
Department: Healing Center
Join a passionate, clinically skilled, trauma focused team dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. The YWCA Silicon Valley provides clinical therapy to community members with a focus on providing therapy to individuals and families that have survived domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse and human trafficking. Clinical supervisors support clinicians in providing our community with clinical interventions, empathy and a safe trusting relationship to guide them on their journey of healing. In addition, we are working to provide MFT associates/trainees with clinical training and experience that will be the foundation of their work in our community as trauma focused, strength based, clinically competent therapists. Our desire is to create an environment for clients and therapists with a focus on empowerment, healing and support that aligns with our mission.
Reporting to and working with the Director of Clinical Services, the Clinical Supervisor:
- Provides individual and group clinical supervision to a 8-10 of MFT associates/trainees, facilitates group supervision, and provide support/guidance for client crisis involving legal and ethical concerns,
- Reviews assessments, treatment plans and all diagnostic material for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Assists Director in developing a trauma based training program to ensure clients receive quality, culturally sensitive, empowerment based and client centered therapy to promote healing and growth.
- Assists Director of Clinical Services with developing systems and services to advance the Healing Center therapeutic programs
- Supports and provides effective outreach to Universities and assists with the recruitment and selection of prospective associates/trainees
Candidates must have a Master’s degree in Social Work or Counseling Psychology, a clinical license through the BBS of the State of California in good standing, licensed for at least 2 years, and the training necessary to provide clinical supervision. We are seeking someone with a high level of self-awareness, an understanding of the effect of trauma on clients and therapists and has the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Candidates should be confident in their ability to provide empathy, healthy boundaries, and cultural sensitivity and are able to remain calm and make decisions during periods of crisis. Must have a good understanding and training in issues of law and ethics involved with providing clinical services. Bilingual skills not required but highly preferred.
Work hours are primarily during the day with some evening work if needed to support supervisees and the ability to take crisis calls after work hours if needed. Must have the ability to work remotely while shelter-in-place is in affect.
Required: Clear background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, valid California driver’s license, California Clinical license (BBS) in good standing, 6 units of training necessary to provide clinical supervision
To Apply: Submit Resume & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Clinical Supervisor” in subject line. The position will remain open until filled. Review of the applications will be on a rolling basis. Please, no phone calls in regards to this job postings. The YWCA is an equal opportunity employer.