For immediate in-person crisis assistance and counseling services, contact the 24-hour Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking Support Line at
Sexual Assault Services
YWCA Support Services helps residents of Silicon Valley to minimize the traumatic aftermath of sexual assault and to promote safety, mobility, and freedom from abuse for all people.
How We Can Help
- 24-hour support line for survivors, family members, and friends.
- Accompaniment of survivor to the hospital and through the reporting and judicial process.
- Child abuse and assault prevention programs for children, teens, and the general community.
- Peer support groups for rape and childhood sexual abuse survivors.
- Free confidential crisis counseling.
Our services are provided at no cost for all survivors of sexual assault or abuse, as well as their loved ones. All YWCA Support Services Department staff and volunteers complete the State of California-certified training course and are team members of the Sexual Assault Response Team (SART). They are a valuable resource in assisting those in need.
Contact the 24-hour Support Line at (800) 572-2782.
YWCA offers services throughout Santa Clara County at two office locations, downtown San Jose and Sunnyvale. YWCA Silicon Valley Support Services Department has been in operation since 1973. This past year we:
- answered over 1,000 calls to the support line,
- responded to the hospital approximately 250 times,
- provided in-person counseling to over 200 clients all at no cost to victims impacted by sexual assault, and
- educated over 9,000 school-age children annually with age-appropriate sexual assault awareness and prevention programs throughout Silicon Valley.
Rape is a significant social and health problem in the United States. Results from the National Violence Against Women Survey (NVAWS) revealed that 17.7 million women and 2.8 million men in the United States were forcibly raped at some time in their lives, with 302,091 women and 92,748 men forcibly raped in the year preceding the survey.