Domestic Violence Support Center
The mission of the YWCA Support Services is to empower our diverse community to live free from domestic violence through the provision of safety, support services and self-empowerment.
About our services:
- All services are confidential.
- Services are for individuals and families; adults, teens and children experiencing, exposed to, or recovering from domestic violence.
- We offer services whether an individual is still in a relationship with a partner who is abusive, is in the process of leaving, or is no longer in the relationship.
- Our services are provided in English and Spanish. Some services may be provided in other languages if interpreters are available.
- All services are free or low cost. Therapy services are provided on a sliding scale.
- An appointment is required for most services; some services are available on a walk-in basis.
- Most services are provided at our downtown San Jose office location. Several services are provided at various locations within Santa Clara County, including a small office in Sunnyvale (appointment required).
- Services are provided by professionally trained employees, interns and volunteers. They are collaborative, supportive and skill-based to address the psychological, social, physical and emotional effects of trauma and violence.
- Every effort is made to provide services that are sensitive to the culture of everyone in our diverse community.
Services provided through this department:
- Crisis Program
- Counseling & Therapy Program
- Emergency Shelter Program
- La Familia Program
- Legal Advocacy Program
- Victim Advocacy Project
- Human Trafficking Awareness Initiative