350 South 2nd St, San Jose (map)
Infant, Toddlers, PreSchool, ages 6 wks to 5 yrs
M-F; 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
(408) 295-4011 ext. 237
West Valley Site
4343 Leigh Ave, San Jose (map)
Pre-School Age, 3 – 5 years
School Age, 5 – 12 years
M-F; 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Social and Racial Justice programs that invite all children from our diverse community to understand our differences and promote tolerance.
- Developmental Assets – The YWCA supports the mission of Project Cornerstone to build assets in our youth to help them thrive.
- Nutrition – Each center provides children with nutritious snacks and/or meals, and talks to children about the benefits of eating healthy foods.
- Healthy Lifestyles taught through nutrition education, garden learning, physical activity and cooking to promote physical and mental wellness in children and families.
- Fun activities that align with state educational to reinforce concepts taught during the school day.
- Positive reinforcement which is used throughout our programs as a guiding principle in behavior management.
- Each of us is here because we sincerely love children and we want to make a positive difference in their lives.
- We know that every interaction needs to be respectful, courteous, and professional because we are role models.
- We are committed to promoting joy at every opportunity.
- We all have a voice and deserve to be heard.
- Good gets rewarded.
- Children in our care are from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and families. We embrace all of their differences and encourage the children to be proud of themselves and their unique backgrounds.
|Providing families with affordable, quality child care is crucial to our vision. Serving families for more than 60 years, the YWCA operates child care centers for almost 200 children each year, ranging in age from 6 weeks to 12 years. Each of our licensed centers are staffed with enthusiastic individuals trained in cultural proficiency.|
|People are our greatest asset. The staff receives continuous training to keep them informed about issues relating to children, education, and our community.|
|Our two centers are licensed by the State of California. Centers are open Monday – Friday. Rates are reasonable; see below for program fees. We also accept payment from Alternate Payment Providers.|
|The YWCA child care centers provide a safe, supervised, and supportive setting that encourages growth and learning. The child care services also include:|